We are hiring!
Position: Office Administrator – 6 month full time contract position, with potential for permanent
The United Way of Bruce Grey is seeking a skilled individual that is able to work independently in an intense and demanding office environment. The employee must be organized, skilled in office management, file and database management, excellent customer service and has experience in the not-for-profit sector. Experience with social services front line service delivery is a considerable asset.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the business office. The position requires a strong customer service orientation, good interpersonal skills, basic bookkeeping skills, database management skills, and strong communications skills—both verbal and written.
As Office Administrator, you will be a point of contact for clients and the various programs that operate at the United Way of Bruce Grey. Your duties will include:
- Providing central reception duties such as receiving visitors, processing mail, answering the telephone and providing information to members of the public and potential new donors about the United Way.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Providing administrative support to the Utility Assistance Program and related activities
- Completing minor bookkeeping activities
- Ensuring the basic business needs of the office are met (within approved budgets) including:
- ordering office supplies and building supplies,
- monitoring & arranging approved service of office equipment (if and when necessary),
- coordinating the work of volunteers performing general administrative tasks,
- client database management
- responding to the concerns of tenants of the United Way
- Community College Diploma in Business Administration, Social Worker or equivalent experience in a business or fundraising environment
- Proficiency in business software and databases, including in particular Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Applications to be dropped off at 380 9th street east Owen Sound or by email email@example.com
Deadline: December 11th 2015