Community Impact Grants
Annually United Way Bruce Grey raises hundreds of thousands of dollars within our community. Those undesignated monies become available for distribution as part of the United Way’s Community Fund – which is re-invested locally to address local social service issues.
Grant applications are now closed, thank you to all who applied.
The United Way is issues a granting call for area charities to apply for funding to support the broader community in 3 priority areas:
- From poverty to possibility –We are looking for initiatives that meet people’s basic needs for food, shelter and safety; as well as those that ensure individuals have opportunities to seek stable and sufficient employment, and make education, training and learning opportunities affordable and accessible for all.
- Healthy people, strong communities –We are looking for initiatives that reduce barriers and isolation for those with addictions and mental-health issues through counselling, referrals, rehabilitation and other services. As well, services that support seniors and individuals with physical, intellectual and emotional disabilities.
- All that kids can be – We are looking for organizations that are supporting the healthy growth and development of young people. This means actively targeting the source of their challenges and working to address systemic issues.
- Be registered charities under the Income Tax Act, or agencies which have an established third-party sponsorship or partnership agreement with a registered charity
- Demonstrate creative responses to the continuing economic and social changes affecting social services
- Engage and mobilize community
- Meet a clearly defined need
- Address underlying causes of social issues
- Collaborate with, and have the support of, other community groups
- Measure and demonstrate the outcomes of the funded program/project and commit to Open Data sharing
For more information please contact us at 519-376-1560 or via this form: