2022 Granting – deadline: Friday DECEMBER 16th 2022 – 3 pm
2022 Community Impact Grants are now CLOSED
To see what has been previously funded download the successful applicants from 2021 below
Annually United Way Bruce Grey raises funds within our community to invest in projects that meet local needs. Some of these funds are made available for distribution as part of the United Way’s Allocation granting process.
Annually the United Way is issues a granting call for area charities to apply for funding to support the broader community in 3 priority areas:
- From poverty to possibility –We are looking for initiatives that meet people’s basic needs for food, shelter and safety; as well as those that ensure individuals have opportunities to seek stable and sufficient employment, and make education, training and learning opportunities affordable and accessible for all.
- Healthy people, strong communities –We are looking for initiatives that reduce barriers and isolation for those with addictions and mental-health issues through counselling, referrals, rehabilitation and other services. As well, services that support seniors and individuals with physical, intellectual and emotional disabilities.
- All that kids can be – We are looking for organizations that are supporting the healthy growth and development of young people. This means actively targeting the source of their challenges and working to address systemic issues.
- Be registered charities under the Income Tax Act, or agencies which have an established third-party sponsorship or partnership agreement with a registered charity
- Demonstrate creative responses to the continuing economic and social changes affecting social services
- Engage and mobilize community
- Meet a clearly defined need
- Address underlying causes of social issues
- Collaborate with, and have the support of, other community groups
- Measure and demonstrate the outcomes of the funded program/project and commit to Open Data sharing
Questions? Reach out!