Job Posting: Backpack Campaign Coordinator
The United Way is looking for an outgoing college or university marketing or communication student to plan and organize its annual Backpack Program.
Student would be responsible for seeking donations of both funds and product to support the program, work with volunteers, network with area agencies and donors.
- Support United Way fundraising events
- Soliciting funds and supplies from the community
- Coordinate client database with United Way staff and local service agencies
- Maintain inventory of supplies donated and purchased
- Media and public relations
- General office duties
- Community outreach and donor solicitation
- Special events
- Distribution of inventory
Significant physical activity is an expectation of this position
Student needs access to a vehicle and valid drivers license.
Start Date: June 24th 2016 (to be confirmed)
End Date: Sept 2nd 2016
Hours: 35 hours per week, weekend commitments required
Rate of pay: $15.00 per hour
Applicant must be a student who was in school in 2016 and is returning to school in 2016
Apply in person at the United Way of Bruce Grey 380 9th Street East Owen Sound, office Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
By email firstname.lastname@example.org fax 519 376 5458
Applications should include a cover letter.
Posting closes May 15th 2016