Municipal Election Candidates and the public: test your knowledge about poverty in our communities!
Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force invites Municipal Election Candidates and the public to test their knowledge about poverty in our communities!
At the Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force we listen to people in our communities with low income. In the lead up to this election, we asked people with low income what do you want for your families?
“It turns out they want what people of all economic levels want: steady income, a home that is safe and affordable.” says Jill Umbach, Coordinator of the Poverty Task Force. “They want good health care and representatives in government that work together with them to improve our well-being.”
The Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force are asking Municipal Election Candidates and the public – do you know what poverty looks like in Bruce County and Grey County?
They are inviting you to take their Community Survey to test your knowledge!
- Did you know … ensuring formal opportunities to recognize and consult with people with diverse lived experiences builds stronger communities?
- Did you know … support for community food centres and events reduces social isolation, promotes local food, and food skills programs?
- Did you know … prioritizing safe and affordable housing creates safe and healthy neighbourhoods?
- Did you know … income security solutions that include adequate social assistance would strengthen our communities?
The Poverty Task Force has created a series of infographics with the latest data on poverty in Bruce County and Grey County. Each infographic comes with references to assist you to learn more! Don’t want to read – then you can watch our Community Voices’ videos.
- We All Live Here: toward diversity, inclusion and engagement in municipal decision-making
- From Band-Aids to Bridges: moving forward with Community Food Centres
- From Housing to Homes: safe, healthy homes and communities across Bruce County and Grey County
- Enough to Thrive On: income security solutions for strong communities
- Click on the Learn More button on our 2018 Elections Education page at the end of each infographic to learn more or visit our Resources
- Learn more about the work of the Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force – About Us, Action Groups and Community Voices.
- Subscribe to our blog posts, Facebook and Twitter @BGTaskForce
For more information