Deadline extended: Job Posting: Pathways Employment Development Workers
Rural Pathways for Newcomer Women in Grey Bruce Project
Pathways Employment Development Workers
Posting Date: Wednesday July 24, 2019
Two (2) Pathways Employment Development Workers: Full – Time Contract Positions, $25 hour
“Rural Pathways for Newcomer Women in Grey Bruce Project” is an 18-month (August 2019 – December 2020) regional pilot project to develop, implement and evaluate new pathways to employment for visible minority newcomer women (VMNW) in a rural region without settlement services. The Rural Pathways project is led by United Way Bruce Grey, in partnership with Grey Bruce Welcoming Communities, with the support of municipal, social service, employment and community organizations across the region of Grey Bruce, who recognize the need to develop specific strategies to support the pre employment and employment needs of newcomer women in a rural community without settlement services. It will engage community stakeholders to build a more coordinated approach that will support successful pathways to employment. The pilot project will provide newcomer women with new skills and connections to prepare them for employment and increase their ability to participate in the Grey Bruce labour force.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
The preferred candidates will have experience, personal or professionally working with newcomers, refugees and/or immigrants, English as a Second Language programs, immigration and refugee systems, employment programs and counselling, computer skills, data collection and report writing, as well as community engagement, community consultation, public speaking and facilitation experience.
Pathways Employment Development Worker Position Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with the Advisory Committee of the Rural Pathways for Newcomer Women Project to implement the Project, under the supervision of the United Way of Bruce Grey
- Complete Community consultations and research with visible minority newcomer women, employers, employment services, and community stakeholders to identify barriers to employment and integration, training needs and opportunities for collaboration.
- Work with women, employers and employment services to develop, implement and evaluate and employment readiness assessment tool for newcomer women
- Work with women, employers, employment services and stakeholders to develop, implement and evaluate pre employment and employment skill training opportunities that support pathways to employment.
- Match women involved with this project with community mentors, employment settings, and networking groups to build pre employment capacity and address social isolation and address settlement needs.
- Organize and evaluate short term vocational training placements for specific women and one social enterprise pilot.
- Create training and workshops for service providers and employers to build community capacity to meet the needs and employment barriers faced by visible minority newcomer women.
- Work with employment services, employers and community services to coordinate existing employment supports and improve training, skills and support for newcomer women across the region.
- Develop and distribute new resources and tools, and complete a Pathways to Employment for Newcomer Women in Rural Communities Handbook.
- Include newcomer women’s participation in all aspects of the project design, implementation and evaluation so that services and systems reflect their needs and values.
- Prepare project reports and assist in development of project information and training materials as required to meet project Milestones
- Evaluate the project in conjunction with the Advisory Committee and evaluation consultant
- Speak to employers, employment agencies, community groups, and media about the project.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community as required for the project
Proficient computer skills with basic office software and proficient communications skills are required.
Apply in person or by mail at the United Way of Bruce Grey 380 9th Street East Owen Sound N4K 1P1, office Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
By email email@example.com fax 519 376 5458
Applications should include a cover letter.
Posting closes 4 pm Thursday August 15th, 2019.
Anticipated start day would be mid to late August 2019