Behind in your utility bills? The United Way Bruce Grey has some advice for you.
Behind in your utility bills?
We have some important information for you.
If you are behind on your heat, electricity or water bills, it is extremely important to deal with the issue or you may be faced with a disconnection by the provider.
We offer the following recommendations to avoid a disconnection:
1) Don’t ignore your bill. When life throws us a curve ball or we are feeling overwhelmed, it can be easy to push bills aside. It’s very important that these bills are taken seriously especially if you have missed a monthly payment.
2) Communicate with the utility. Probably one of the most important aspects of getting back in good standing is speaking with the utility. Explain your situation to them. By doing this, the company might be willing to work with you and may even offer a repayment or budget payment plan. If you agree to a payment plan, its very important that you fulfill your payment obligations or you may be disconnected.
3) Make your payments as required. Showing the utility that you are committed to getting your bill in good standing shows that you are making a dedicated effort which is very important. If you can’t make a future payment as planned and you have a good payment history, the utility may be understanding to your situation.
4) Do not lose hope. Believe in yourself and the ability to make things better. You can do this. Change IS possible.
5) If you need help, you may qualify for our Utility Assistance Program. To find out more, call 211. This service is free, confidential and available 24/7.
Notice: There is an Electricity Disconnection Ban in Ontario that runs from November 15 to April 30 of each year. To find out more about this legislation, please visit: