“Something Very Special for Everyone” at 11th Annual Seniors’ Fair
“Something Very Special for Everyone”
at 11th Annual Seniors’ Fair
Wednesday, June 6th, Bayshore Community Centre, Owen Sound
June is Seniors’ month in Ontario. It has been designated to give special recognition to seniors for the immense contribution they make to the life and vibrancy of our society.
To celebrate Seniors’ month this year, the 11th annual United Way Bruce Grey Seniors’ Fair will be held on Wednesday, June 6th from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre in Owen Sound. Admission is FREE and everyone is welcome to attend.
Over 85 exhibitors, including 50+ government and non-profit organizations, will be on hand to provide the most up-to-date information about services, products, care and supports available to improve the quality of life for seniors in Bruce and Grey Counties by helping them lead safe, healthy, active and independent lives.
The Ministry of Seniors Affairs has recognized this event as “something very special for everyone” that attends. It has become an event many seniors, their families, friends and caregivers look forward to each year, and there is always something new to see and take part in. Requests made through visitor surveys from previous years are used to help build and improve the event each year.
The special “hands on” room will continue this year. Everything from essential oils, to blood pressure checks, Grey County EMS and more will be there. On the main stage there will be dynamic seminars, special performances and information sessions. The first 300 guests will receive a free welcome bag, and flowers and locally donated apples will be given away throughout the day.
The doors to the event will open at 9:45 a.m. to allow guests to gather for the 10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremonies in the Bay and Sound Rooms.
Thanks to a sponsorship by Forcier Deakin Lawyers there will be FREE all-day bussing anywhere in the city of Owen Sound. Other sponsors who are making this event possible include Hydro One, Revera – The Village in Hanover, Summit Place in Owen Sound and Trillium in Kincardine, Hanover Holidays, Season’s Retirement and Ryan Hood at Sun Life Financial.
Free Seminars – in Shore Room 1 (limited seating)
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- “Seniors Beware of Scammers… get the Scoop on Scams” Fraud – Recognize it… Reject it… Report it! – Grey County OPP
- Senior License Renewal for 80 Years and Older – Ministry of Transportation
12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- “Get Your Money – Understanding Ontario’s Tax Credits and Benefits for Individuals and Families” – Jeremy Bertrand, Ontario Ministry of Finance Senior Program Advisory Specialist
1:15 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Do Anything – Ignite Your Brain Take 2!Move Free and Living Memories – Louise Stewart Potts & Mary Solomon
On the Main Stage throughout the day
- North of 55 line dancers
- Alzheimer Society Grey Bruce – Sandra Hong
- Living Memories – Meaford Museum
- Grey Bruce International Folk Dancers
- O.N. – S.M.A.R.T. Seniors Fall Prevention Exercises – Sally MacDonald,
- Taoist Tai Chi
- Special performance by The Brown’s
To learn more about this event, contact email@example.com or call (519) 376-1560.
*** Save the date and share with others ***