We are hiring!
Financial Literacy Co-ordinator
Full time maternity coverage contract position:
February 14 2022 to April 14 2023,
Wage rate: $25 hr, 37.5 hr/week
The United Way of Bruce Grey is seeking a maternity leave coverage for the Financial Literacy Program. The Financial Literacy program assists Bruce Grey residents navigate various income supports, offers budgeting advice along with system navigation as it relates to basic household financial matters. The Financial Literacy Co-ordinator will have knowledge of the requirements of the following income support programs: Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Pandemic-related financial benefits, GAINS, OAS, etc. They will also work with the Income and Employment Security Action Group of the Poverty Task Force to keep the broader community apprised of the various programs.
The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to offer guidance, advice and understand the positive and negative impacts of the interactions of the various income supports.
Full Covid-19 Vaccination is required for this position.
The preferred candidate will have some or all of the following skills:
• Previous experience in the credit or financial planning industries
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated experience working with the public
• Well organized and able to manage time and priorities effectively
• Proficiency in computer office applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Post secondary education. A degree or diploma in social work, financial counselling or related field
Reporting to the Executive Director the Financial Literacy Co-ordinator will
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community in order to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Prepare and maintain minimal client records
- Evaluate programs to ensure appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Speak to community groups
- Following pandemic health guidelines, meet with clients to offer system navigation support
- Act as consultant to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, provincial, and county regulations and policies.
- Prepare weekly blog post and share information on relevant financial topics for media and social media
Apply via email email@example.com
Applications should include a cover letter.
Posting closes December 24th 2021