We are hiring
Food Security Co-ordinator
Full time contract position: August 17 to March 31st 2021,
Wage rate: $25 hr, 37.5 hr/week, 32 weeks
The United Way of Bruce Grey has received a grant to hire a full time Food Security Co-ordinator with a goal of improving food security throughout the region by establishing a Grey Bruce Food Network.
The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, report writing skills, and understanding of local, regional and provincial food systems.
The preferred candidate will have some or all of the following skills:
• Previous experience in food systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated experience working with the public
• Well organized and able to manage time and priorities effectively
• Proficiency in computer office applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Post secondary education. A degree or diploma in social work, food management or related field
Reporting to the Poverty Task Force the Food Network Co-ordinator will
- Establish and maintain relationships with other food agencies and organizations in community in order to understand community food needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Collect and analysis data from food banks, frozen and hot meal programs, and other community food programs both non-profit and for-profit where relevant
- Collaborate with Community Garden Projects funded by ECSF funding
- Prepare and maintain minimal research and data records
- Assist Public Health with the 2020 or 2021 Nutritious Food Basket Report
- Evaluate programs to ensure appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Speak to community groups and stakeholders on the issue of food security
- Following pandemic health guidelines when and if meeting with community partners
- Act as consultants to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, provincial, and county food regulations and policies.
Apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a cover letter. Posting closes August 7th 2020