We are hiring!
Position: Office Manager – posting closes November 2nd
Reporting to the Executive Director, The Office Manager for the United Way of Bruce and Grey is responsible to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business office for the organization. The incumbent requires a strong customer service orientation, good interpersonal skills, an ability to work independently, strong administrative and organizational skills, basic bookkeeping skills, and strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- provides general reception duties such as receiving visitors, processing mail, answering the telephone and providing information to members of the public and potential new donors about the United Way
- acts on behalf of the Executive Director when required, to attend community events, receive donations, and speak on behalf of the United Way
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. This includes preparation of materials for the Board, correspondence, minutes, notification of meetings, etc
- ordering of office and building supplies within approved budgets
- ensuring proper functioning of office equipment and responding to problems as they occur
- prepares a schedule of building maintenance activities for presentation to the property committee of the Board
- coordinates the work of volunteers performing general administrative tasks
- responds to routine concerns of tenants sharing the United Way building
- Provides administrative support to the Fundraising Coordinator as need including mail outs(correspondence?) and donor database maintenance
Community College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent experience in a business, or fund raising environment
Competence in application of software programs such as, database management, Microsoft Office and like software
The position is in Owen Sound, wage is $15/hr with a benefit package. Full time permanent position of 35 hours a week. One hour lunch break. Hours are 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday with the occasional evening or weekend.
Applicants can email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-376-5458 or drop in to the United Way at 380 9th street east.
Questions? Please contact us: