Job Posting: Financial Literacy Co-ordinator
Full time contract position: May 27 to March 31st 2021,
Wage rate: $25 hr, 37.5 hr/week, 44 weeks
The United Way of Bruce Grey has received a grant to hire a full time Financial Literacy Co-ordinator to assist Bruce Grey residents navigate various income supports during the Covid 19 Pandemic. The Financial Literacy Co-ordinator will have knowledge of the requirements of the following income support programs: Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, CERB, GAINS, OAS, etc. They will also work with the Income Security Action Group of the Poverty Task Force to keep the broader community apprised of the various programs.
The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and able to offer guidance, advice and understand the positive and negative impacts of the interactions of the various income supports.
The preferred candidate will have some or all of the following skills:
- Previous experience in the credit or financial planning industries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated experience working with the public
- Well organized and able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Proficiency in computer office applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Post secondary education. A degree or diploma in social work, financial counselling or related field
Reporting to the Executive Director the Financial Literacy Co-ordinator will
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community in order to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Prepare and maintain minimal client records
- Evaluate programs to ensure appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Speak to community groups
- Following pandemic health guidelines, meet with clients to offer system navigation support
- Act as consultants to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, provincial, and county regulations and policies.
Apply via email email@example.com
Applications should include a cover letter.
Posting closes May 22nd 2020
For more information: