Backpack Campaign Coordinator – Job posting
Every year the United Way of Bruce Grey provides fully stocked Backpacks to low income families and agencies assisting low income children. Over 2700 backpacks were packed and distributed in 2020.
The United Way is looking for an outgoing college or university marketing or communication student to plan and organize its annual Backpack Program and support other fundraising initiatives.
The student would be responsible for seeking donations of both funds and product to support the program, with support from United Way staff, work with volunteers, network with area agencies and donors .
- Support United Way fundraising events
- Soliciting funds and supplies from the community
- Coordinate client database with United Way staff and local service agencies
- Maintain inventory of supplies donated and purchased
- Distribution of inventory
- Media and public relations
- General office duties
- Community outreach and donor solicitation
- Special events
Significant physical activity is an expectation of this position
Student needs access to a vehicle and valid drivers license.
Wage: $15 an hour
Start Date: June 7th 2021
End Date: September 3rd 2021
Hours: 35 hours per week, weekend commitments anticipated