Making Grey Bruce Home Project – Project Co-ordinator
Making Grey Bruce Home Project
Full-time contract position
“Making Grey Bruce Home” is a project to develop, test and implement a model for increasing the capacity of rural regions without formal coordinated settlement and service supports to support the social and economic integration of current and anticipated refugees and vulnerable newcomers. Led by United Way Bruce Grey, in partnership with Grey Bruce Welcoming Communities, this project has the support of municipal, social service, sponsoring and community organizations across the region of Grey Bruce, who recognize the need to increase their capacity to serve refugees and vulnerable newcomers.
The preferred candidate will have experience, personal or professionally, with English as a Second Language programs, immigration and refugee systems, employment programs, computer skills, report writing as well as community engagement, public speaking and facilitation experience.
The Project Co-ordinator will
- Work in partnership with the Advisory Committee of the Making Grey Bruce Home Project to implement the Making Grey Bruce Home Project, under the supervision of the United Way of Bruce Grey
- Coordinate development of a new interactive virtual information resource Newcomer HUB
- Develop a regional Mentoring and Peer Support Network to train volunteers and match them with vulnerable newcomers to give them needed support in system navigation, translation services and social connections.
- Create training and workshops for service providers and sponsors to assist them in better meeting the cultural and needs of vulnerable newcomers and to foster more coordinated service across the region.
- Work directly with vulnerable newcomers, in conjunction with the Newcomer Advocate, using the service system to map system barriers and newcomer needs, and collect information for building more effective service responses and coordinated service pathways.
- Include newcomer participation in all aspects of the project design, implementation and evaluation so that services and systems reflect their needs and values.
- Create a Toolkit for the Integration of Vulnerable Newcomers in Rural Communities that can be used by other regions and rural communities to increase their capacity for supporting vulnerable newcomers.
- Administer budgets for program expenditures within the project guidelines as directed by the Advisory Committee
- Prepare project reports and assist in development of project information and training materials as required to meet project Milestones
- Evaluate the project In conjunction with the Advisory Committee
- Speak to employers, community groups, media about the project.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community as required for the project
Apply in person at the United Way of Bruce Grey 380 9th Street East Owen Sound, office Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
By email email@example.com fax 519 376 5458
Applications should include a cover letter.
Posting closes January 19 2018